Google has made some changes in the Unusual Links document inside Webmaster tools section in July. They have managed to do so with much discretion. However, one may find difficulty in figuring out what exactly needs to be done to comply with the updated rules.
Understanding Google’s Latest Assault on Unnatural Links
Here are the updates by Google in Link schemes and how is confusing and disturbing:
1. About PageRank: The new update by Google says, “any links intended to manipulate PageRank or a site’s ranking in Google search results may be considered part of a link scheme and a violation of Google’s Webmaster Guidelines. This includes any behavior that manipulates links to your site or outgoing links from your site.” However, this is quite confusing, because it does not clearly state how Google would know who intends manipulate PageRank.
2. Buying or Selling Links: Google says, “Buying or selling links that pass PageRank. This includes exchanging money for links, or posts that contain links; exchanging goods or services for links; or sending someone a “free” product in exchange for them writing about it and including a link.” However, many webmasters may not even know what PageRank is. They may not have any idea about how to get through with it.
3. Excessive Link Exchange: Google has failed to specify its definition of, “excessive” in this update so no one knows the actual acceptable rate.
4. Marketing of Articles and Guest Posting: Again Google uses the word, “large-scale articles and guest posting campaigns”. Google does not define what exactly is “large-scale” in this case.
5. Automated Linking: How would Google be able to figure out whether an automated program is being used or whether a task is running partially automated?
The entrepreneurs in the web space have no idea about all the regular updates that Google makes. Moreover, even if they knew what it really meant, they may have already outsourced the SEO work to an internet marketing firm with work not adhering to the changing guidelines.
If you are looking for an Internet Marketing Firm that is aware of all the updates and works adhering to Google’s webmaster guidelines visit us at Infrontweb.com .